[Lingtyp] Alternating argument marking conditioned by word order?

Françoise Rose francoise.rose at univ-lyon2.fr
Fri Dec 15 09:24:49 UTC 2023

Dear Ilja,

Mojeño Trinitario (Arawak, Bolivia) shows a system of differential 3rd person subject marking. The alternance is linked to pragmatic issues, and therefore to word order.

Rose, Françoise. 2011. Who is the third person ? Fluid transitivity in Mojeño Trinitario. International Journal of American Linguistics 77(4, special issue on Argument-encoding systems in Bolivian Amazonian languages). 469–494.

Best,
Françoise

Françoise ROSE (fʁɑ̃swɑz ʁoz)
Directrice de Recherche, CNRS
Directrice du Laboratoire Dynamique Du Langage (UMR5596, CNRS/Université Lyon2)
14 avenue Berthelot
FRANCE - 69007 Lyon
www.ddl.cnrs.fr/ROSE
06 10 17 22 56