[Lingtyp] Alternating argument marking conditioned by word order?

Eitan Grossman eitan.grossman at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Dec 17 09:12:27 UTC 2023

Hi all,

In Coptic (Afroasiatic), case is conditioned on word order - only
postverbal arguments are flagged. This is part of a complex system of
differential subject marking.

Eitan

Eitan Grossman
Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Tel: +972 2 588 3809