[Lingtyp] CfP: Field Matters 2023 - The Second Workshop on NLP Applications to Field Linguistics

Alexandre Arkhipov sarkipo at yandex.ru
Wed Jan 18 13:43:19 UTC 2023

Dear LingTyp members,

On behalf of the organizers I'm posting the announcement for a workshop
that might interest some of you. Please feel free to spread the word.

Best regards,
Alexandre Arkhipov

======================

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce that The Second Workshop on NLP Applications to
Field Linguistics (Field Matters 2023) will take place at EACL 2023
<https://2023.eacl.org/> on May 2-6 in Dubrovnik, Croatia (online
participants are also welcomed).

We accept papers on the following topics:

  *

    Application of NLP to field linguistics workflow;

  *

    Transfer learning for under-resourced language processing;

  *

    The use of fieldwork data to build NLP systems;

  *

    Modeling morphology and syntax of typologically diverse languages in
    the low-resource setting;

  *

    Speech processing for under-resourced languages;

  *

    Computational analysis of field linguistics datasets;

  *

    Using technology for preserving culture via language;

  *

    Improving ways of interaction with Indigenous communities;

  *

    Machine-readable field linguistic datasets.

Submission deadline is February 13.

You can find more information on the submission process and format
requirements on our website <https://field-matters.github.io/cfp2023>.

Subscribe to our Twitter <https://twitter.com/field_matters> to follow
the updates.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Best regards,
Anna Postnikova
Field Matters workshop organizing committee