[Lingtyp] Typology of light verb constructions

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 23:44:22 UTC 2023

Yes! see my 2008 special issue of *Diachronica *(and the introduction) on
the historical linguistics of complex predication, as well as my 2010
*Linguistic
Typology *article on Bardi, which includes a crosslinguistic overview (
https://doi-org.yale.idm.oclc.org/10.1515/lity.2010.002). The references in
those articles have some other general typological references. The
forthcoming *Oxford Guide to Australian Languages* has a chapter on this
too.
Claire