[Lingtyp] small language families and typological rarities

Juergen Bohnemeyer jb77 at buffalo.edu
Mon Nov 20 11:00:45 UTC 2023

Dear Peter – I think this is at least indirectly addressed in the Skirgård et al. (2023) release article of Grambank:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.adg6175

One of the things explored in there is the correlation between endangerment and typological rarity/uniqueness.

Best – Juergen

Juergen Bohnemeyer (He/Him)
Professor, Department of Linguistics
University at Buffalo

Office: 642 Baldy Hall, UB North Campus
Mailing address: 609 Baldy Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260
Phone: (716) 645 0127
Fax: (716) 645 3825
Email: jb77 at buffalo.edu<mailto:jb77 at buffalo.edu>
Web: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jb77/

Office hours Tu/Th 3:30-4:30pm in 642 Baldy or via Zoom (Meeting ID 585 520 2411; Passcode Hoorheh)

There’s A Crack In Everything - That’s How The Light Gets In
(Leonard Cohen)