[Lingtyp] The Language of Extreme Events on April 22nd/23rd 2024

Robbeets, Martine robbeets at gea.mpg.de
Sun Apr 7 13:56:16 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

It is a pleasure to invite you to our conference “The Language of Extreme Events”, which will take place on April 22nd/23rd 2024 at the Max Planck Institute for Geoanthropology in Jena. The event is not only meant as a kick-off conference for my new “Language and the Anthropocene” Research Group but also as a closing conference for my colleague Huw Groucutt’s “Extreme Events” Group.

The conference will be hybrid but we greatly appreciate your in-person attendance. Since we want to arrange catering for lunch and coffee breaks, it would be very helpful if you could register before April 15 at gorelik at gea.mpg.de<mailto:gorelik at gea.mpg.de>. Registration is free.

In the attachment, I add a program. We hope you find room in your busy schedules to attend. You are very welcome.

Best wishes,
Martine

Prof. Dr. habil Martine Robbeets
Language and the Anthropocene Research Group Leader
Max Planck Institute of Geoanthropology
Kahlaische Strasse 10
07745 Jena, Germany

Honorary Professor