[Lingtyp] R: The type "la bellezza di cento euro"

Ekaterina Georgieva ekaterina.georgieva at nytud.hun-ren.hu
Sun Jun 9 19:21:27 UTC 2024

Dear Raffaele, dear All,

Thank you all for the references on this interesting type of noun
phrases, the ‘idiot of a doctor’ construction! :) Indeed, this
construction has attracted quite a lot of attention in the literature.
Let me just mention a few theoretical works that discuss data from
English, Dutch, Hungarian and various Romance languages: Napoli 1989,
Kayne 1994, den Dikken & Lipták 1997, Hulk & Tellier 2000, Doetjes &
Rooryck 2003, Casillas Martínez 2003, den Dikken 2006, Villalba &
Bartra-Kaufmann 2010. I myself have a paper on a similar construction
in Bulgarian:

Ekaterina Georgieva. 2023. Inflectionless adjectives in Bulgarian as a
case of nominal predication. In Petr Biskup, Marcel Börner, Olav
Mueller-Reichau & Iuliia Shcherbina (eds.), Advances in formal Slavic
linguistics 2021, 179–209. Berlin: Language Science Press. DOI:
10.5281/zenodo.10123637
Open-access:https://langsci-press.org/catalog/book/411

Best regards,
Ekaterina