6.1689, Qs: Russian/German books, Tibetan research, Topic structures

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Dec 1 16:08:42 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1689. Fri Dec 1 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  105

Subject: 6.1689, Qs: Russian/German books, Tibetan research, Topic structures

                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:21:25 MST
From:  RENRYDER at idbsu.idbsu.edu (Mary Ellen Ryder)
Subject:       History of Russian and German books

2)
Date:  Fri, 01 Dec 1995 08:28:51 EST
From:  SANZIAN at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU (Satina)
Subject:       Tibetan Research

3)
Date:  02 Dec 1999 03:22:00 GMT
From:  em5 at soas.ac.uk
Subject:   Topic structures in Minimalist framework

Date:  Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:21:25 MST
From:  RENRYDER at idbsu.idbsu.edu (Mary Ellen Ryder)

I am teaching a history of English course and a couple of my students
have found it so interesting that they would like to learn more about
the history of Russian and of German.  These students have only had
one introductory course in linguistics besides the history of English
class, so the texts would have to be _very_ reader-friendly.  It would
be preferable but not necessary that they be in English as well.  Our
library has no such books and I can't tell from prowling other
computer bases which books would be appropriate and which are
impossible.

Does anyone know of some books I could suggest to them?  I'll publish
a summary of all suggestions.

Thanks!
Mary Ellen Ryder

renryder at idbsu.idbsu.edu