6.06 Qs: Ethiopian lgs, Speech Accomodation, Greenberg, Levin on-line

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 11 01:33:16 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-06. Tue 10 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 167

Subject: 6.06 Qs: Ethiopian lgs, Speech Accomodation, Greenberg, Levin on-line

               Liz Bodenmiller <eboden at emunix.emich.edu>

                           REMINDER

Date:         Thu, 22 Dec 94 16:37:12 CET
From: Eugeniusz Rzewuski (ORIENTUW%PLEARN.BITNET at plearn.edu.pl)
Subject: Bibliographic references on two dictionaries of Ethiopian lgs

2)
Date:          Thu, 22 Dec 1994 11:02:36 MET
From: "Sebastian Adorjan Dyhr" (LINSAD at stud.hum.aau.dk)
Subject: Speech Accomodation Theory

3)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 21:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Mike_Maxwell at sil.org
Subject: Evidence against Greenberg?

4)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 94 11:05:19 GMT
From: pete at sharp.co.uk (Pete Whitelock)
Subject: B. Levin's book on-line

Date:         Thu, 22 Dec 94 16:37:12 CET
From: Eugeniusz Rzewuski (ORIENTUW%PLEARN.BITNET at plearn.edu.pl)

QUERY: Bibliographic references on two dictionaries of Ethiopian lgs
Dear netters,
Who knows precise references for:
Thomas KANE, The Amharic-English Dictionary .....
Wolf LESLAU, The Geez (?Giiz) - English Dictionary ...
including ISBN and approximate price  ????
I will be much grateful for help, we need urgently to order these two dictionar
ies for a research project. Sorry for me posting such a minute query -  we do n
ot have efficient services on bibliographic references and remote logging-in
to on-line catalogues - yet.
Thanks in advance for answering directly to my e-address.

Eugeniusz Rzewuski                        E-mail: RZEWUSKI at PLEARN.Bitnet
                                     or   E-mail: RZEWUSKI at PLEARN.Edu.PL

Warsaw University
Institute of Oriental Studies
Dep. of African Languages and Cultures