6.116 Qs: Concordance apps, Tech writing, Nonrelatedness, CHum

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jan 27 07:00:23 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-116. Fri 27 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 142

Subject: 6.116 Qs: Concordance apps, Tech writing, Nonrelatedness, CHum

                           REMINDER

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 14:25:27 +1100 (EST)
From: Guenter Plum (gplum at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU)
Subject: Concordance apps for macintosh

2)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 18:27:34 +0800
From: fmhsu at ccms.ntu.edu.tw
Subject: Scientific and Technical Writing

3)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 13:04:08 EST
From: amr at ares.cs.wayne.edu
Subject: Query: Demonstrating Nonrelatedness of Languages

4)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 11:44:25 EDT
From: Alan Bailin (abailin at uwovax.uwo.ca)
Subject: Referees for _Computers and the Humanities_ (CHum)

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 14:25:27 +1100 (EST)
From: Guenter Plum (gplum at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU)

I am interested in finding out what's available by way of concordance programs
running on the Macintosh. I have two older apps, Free Text v1.02 and one simply
called Concordance v1.70 beta. The latter crashes on my LC630, the former was
not adequate to the task invisioned, and unfortunately my mailing address to
its developer, Mark Zimmermann, is bounced back, not being able to find its
host. Could anyone help here?

Guenter Plum
Department of Linguistics
School of English, Linguistics and Media
Macquarie University
North Ryde NSW 2109
AUSTRALIA

Ph: 61-2-850 8740