7.1770, TOC: ANTHROPOLOGICAL LINGUISTICS, Volume 38

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 13 21:53:26 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1770. Fri Dec 13 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 7.1770, TOC: ANTHROPOLOGICAL LINGUISTICS, Volume 38

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

**ANTHROPOLOGICAL LINGUISTICS, Volume 38, Number 4 (Winter 1996)**

CONTENTS

Glass Houses: Greenberg, Ringe, and the Mathematics of
Comparative Linguistics, ALEXIS MANASTER RAMER and CHRISTOPHER
HITCHCOCK

Coahuiltecan: A Closer Look, LYLE CAMPBELL

Proto-Algonquian *na:tawe:wa 'massasauga': Some False Etymologies
and Alleged Iroquoian Loanwords, FRANK T. SIEBERT, JR.

Schema and Superposition in Spatial Deixis, ASIF AGHA

Drummed Transactions: Calling the Church in Cameroon, PAUL NEELEY

REVIEW ESSAY

The Dawn of Slavic: An Introduction to Slavic Philology
(Alexander M.  Schenker), RONALD F. FELDSTEIN

BOOK REVIEWS

Romani in Contact: The History, Structure and Sociology of a
Language (Yaron Matras, editor), ALAINA LEMON

The Early Stages of Creolization (Jacques Arends, editor), IAN
HANCOCK

The Syntax of the Celtic Languages: A Comparative Perspective
(Robert D.  Borsley and Ian Roberts, editors), H. PAUL MANNING

Deixis in Narrative: A Cognitive Science Approach (Judith
F. Duchan, Gail A. Bruder, and Lynne E. Hewitt, editors), DAVID
B. KRONENFELD

Language and the Cognitive Construal of the World (John R. Taylor
and Robert E. MacLaury, editors), F. K. LEHMAN

Making It Their Own: Severn Ojibwe Communicative Practices (Lisa
Philips Valentine), OFELIA ZEPEDA

The Lexical Field of Taste: A Semantic Study of Japanese Taste
Terms (A.  E. Backhouse), JOEL KUIPERS

A Grammar of Nigerian Arabic (Jonathan Owens), SALMAN AL-ANI

The Psychology of Culture: A Course of Lectures (Edward
Sapir. Judith T.  Irvine, editor), PHILIP K. BOCK

Word's Out: Gay Men's English (William L. Leap), STEPHEN
O. MURRAY

                                  *******

Annual subscription rates (for 4 issues): $30 for
U.S. individuals; $38 for non-U.S. individuals; $45 for
U.S. institutions; $55 for non-U.S.  institutions. Payment should
be in U.S. funds by check or postal money order made payable to
_Anthropological Linguistics_. Visa and MasterCard are also
accepted.

Subscriptions and inquires should be sent to: Anthropological
Linguistics, Student Building 130(C), Indiana University,
Bloomington, IN 47405 USA; fax: (812) 855-7529; e-mail:
<anthling at indiana.edu>. For abstracts and more information, visit
our website at: <http://www.indiana.edu/~anthling>.

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and
working papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain
journal backlists on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not
allow us to post the tables of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	AFRICL LST   (Linguistique Africaine)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu