8.1163, All: New Listserv for LINGUIST

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 11 15:48:37 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1163. Mon Aug 11 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1163, All: New Listserv for LINGUIST

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Assistant Editor:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:54:00 -0400
From:  "The LINGUIST List" <linguist at linguistlist.org>
Subject:  New Listserv for LINGUIST

Date:  Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:54:00 -0400
From:  "The LINGUIST List" <linguist at linguistlist.org>

Dear LINGUIST Subscribers:

This message heralds a change in how mail will be sent to you.  Up
till this time, mail has been distributed to you via one of the
Listservs at Texas A&M University.  The address of the listserv by
which LINGUIST mail was distributed to you was:

        listserv at listserv.tamu.edu

and LINGUIST's main address was:

	linguist at listserv.tamu.edu or linguist at tamvm1.tamu.edu

Today we have completed transferring all LINGUIST mailing operations
to our own Listserv, "listserv.linguistlist.org."  This is now the new
mail distribution site for the LINGUIST list.

		***************************

**     From now on, therefore, if you wish to set your          **
**     listserv options, you should address your requests to:   **
**                                                              **
**        listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org                    **

**     The main LINGUIST address has also changed.  Posts       **
**     should now be sent to:                                   **
**
**        linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org                    **

		***************************

All other LINGUIST and LINGUIST addresses and URLs remain the
same.

For the moment, mail will continue to be forwarded from the old
LINGUIST addresses to the new ones.

All of us should be grateful to Mark Liberman and the Linguistic Data
Consortium at the University of Pennsylvania, who provided this
wonderful new machine and a Listserv license to LINGUIST.  It was an
extraordinarily generous gift.  We hope that it will provide much
improved mail delivery, especially to places outside North America.

After, of course, the inevitable software bugs have been worked
through!

Anthony, Helen and Daniel