12.659, Qs: Entity Reference, Online Phonetic Transparency

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 11 17:12:07 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-659. Sun Mar 11 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.659, Qs: Entity Reference, Online Phonetic Transparency

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

From:  Gregory Ward <ward at pg-13.ling.nwu.edu>
Subject:  Entity reference/nominal expressions

2)
Date:  Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:50:46 -0800
From:  Chris Wen-Chao Li <wenchao at sfsu.edu>
Subject:  online phonetic transparency

From:  Gregory Ward <ward at pg-13.ling.nwu.edu>

LINGUISTListers,

I am looking for examples from any language of nominal (or nominal-like)
referring expressions (e.g. definite descriptions, demonstratives,
pronouns, proper names) that mark reference to specific fictional or
mythical entities differently than reference to "real world" entities. I
am only interested in entity reference (vs. event reference) and in
nominal expressions (vs. modals/verbs/predicates). Thanks!

I will be happy to post (what I expect will be) a (very short) summary.

Gregory

_____
Gregory Ward
Professor and Chair