14.2548, All: Obituary: Kathy Ferrara

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 25 01:20:55 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2548. Wed Sep 24 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2548, All: Obituary: Kathy Ferrara

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:33:12 -0500
From:  Larry Mitchell <j-mitchell at tamu.edu>
Subject:  Obituary: Kathy Ferrara

Date:  Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:33:12 -0500
From:  Larry Mitchell <j-mitchell at tamu.edu>

I deeply regret to report that Kathy Ferrara, our colleague and
friend, died on Saturday morning September 20th after a valiant
battle against cancer. Her daughter, Beth Darr, and her son-in-law,
John, were at her bedside. I know you will join me in expressing your
sympathies to Beth and the rest of Kathy's family at their loss and
ours.

There will be a grave-side service at Memorial Park Cemetery in Tulsa,
Oklahoma, on September 24, 2003.

I understand that the family intend to establish a fund to provide
support for linguistics scholars through the Linguistic Society of
America. Further information is forthcoming about how to contribute.
Meanwhile Beth and John would welcome notes and cards with
remembrances of Kathy at 202 Laurel, Bryan, TX 77802.

-
J. Lawrence Mitchell
Professor and Head

Department of English