15.213, Qs: Norwegian Lexical Frequency; Form/Function

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 21 18:07:11 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-213. Wed Jan 21 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.213, Qs: Norwegian Lexical Frequency; Form/Function

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:10:10 +0200
From:  Jussi Niemi <Jussi.Niemi at Joensuu.FI>
Subject:  Lexical frequencies on Norwegian?

2)
Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:59:43 -0500 (EST)
From:  Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at ling.su.se>
Subject:  Several forms for one and the same function

Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:10:10 +0200
From:  Jussi Niemi <Jussi.Niemi at Joensuu.FI>

Dear Colleagues,

My colleagues and I are extending our on-line processing studies of
language (usually with lexical decision) from Finnish and Swedish to
cover  Norwegian. Since these type of experiments require strict controls
on various aspects of frequency, any information leading to data on,
e.g.,  lemma and surface frequency in Norwegian (whether bokmål or nynorsk)
would be gratefully appreciated.

Jussi Niemi
Linguistics
Professor