15.2034, Jobs: NLP: Lecturer, The University of Edinburgh, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 9 03:30:56 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2034. Thu Jul 8 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2034, Jobs: NLP: Lecturer, The University of Edinburgh, UK

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:  F.McGregor at ed.ac.uk
Subject:  NLP: Lecturer, The University of Edinburgh, Lothian, United Kingdom

Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:  F.McGregor at ed.ac.uk

University or Organization: The University of Edinburgh
Department: Informatics
Rank of Job: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Statistical Natural
		 Language Processing

Job Reference 3002169
Department: Informatics, University of Edinburgh
Job Title: Lecturer in Statistical Natural Language Processing
Job Function: Academic
Job Type Permanent
Expiry Date 30-Jul-2004
Salary Scale  23643 - 35883 UK Pounds Sterling
Further Information  http://www.jobs.ed.ac.uk/

The successful candidate will be highly-qualified and have expertise
in statistical natural language processing, in one or more of the
following areas: statistical parsing, interpretation, or generation,
multimodal processing, machine learning for NLP, statistical machine
translation, information retrieval/extraction, or language resources.
A track record of research in semantics or discourse, or an interest
in how human models of language processing can inform language
engineering would also be an advantage.  You should demonstrate a
world-class research record and both interest and ability in teaching.
Informal enquiries to Professor Johanna Moore (J.Moore at ed.ac.uk),
tel. 0131 651 1336 or Professor Mark Steedman (steedman at inf.ed.ac.uk),
tel. 0131 650 4631.

For further information about this role, and application procedure
please go to www.jobs.ed.ac.uk

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Ms Eleanor Kerse
	Appleton Tower