15.2139, Jobs: Multiple Langs: Translater, SM Consulting

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jul 25 21:19:05 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2139. Sun Jul 25 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2139, Jobs: Multiple Langs: Translater, SM Consulting

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:  fodonnell at smcteam.com
Subject:  Multiple Langs: Translater, SM Consulting, Inc.

Date:  Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:  fodonnell at smcteam.com

University or Organization: SM Consulting, Inc
Department: Federal Services
Rank of Job: Manager
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics, Translation
Required Language(s):Chinese, Mandarin (Code üHN); Indonesian
		     (Code y"NZ); Japanese (Code y"PN); Korean
		     (Code y"KN)

Immediate need for native / near-native East Asian (Chinese - Mandarin
/ Malay / Indonesian / Korean / Japanese) linguists with Active Top
Secret Clearance Washington, District of Columbia

This listing was submitted on 21-Jul-04 and was to run for 90 days.

Job Description:

We have an immediate need for Mid - Senior level native / near-native
East Asian (Chinese - Mandarin / Malay / Indonesian / Korean /
Japanese) linguists who hold AN ACTIVE & CURRENTLY USED TOP SECRET
SECURITY CLEARANCE. These opportunities include various types of
language-related services such as interpreting, testing, analysis,
monitoring, and translation. Consideration is currently being afforded
English-speaking candidates with a professional-level language fluency
in one of the above referenced languages. Positions available
primarily in the Metro DC area, however, there are a limited number of
positions in multiple locations throughout the United States. Must be
able to pass verbal, written and transaltion examinations in your
target language AND English.

Company Overview:
SM Consulting (SMC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the
country (Inc. Magazine has recognized SMC as one of America's 100
fastest growing private companies in the US for the second straight
year) and offers some of the most exiting and challenging career
opportunities available today. To date, SMC has been awarded over
$100m in new Federal contracts in 2004. At SMC, we offer more than a
job - we offer the chance to join a family where employees are valued
and respected. SMC is lead by a strong management team, with a
commitment to excellence.

SMC was recently selected to the prestigious Deloitte and Touché Fast
500 list and was named the 16th fastest growing firm in Maryland and
was also named as one of Washington's Fast 50. In an era of downturns
in the economy, the 625% growth experienced by SM Consulting during
the past five years, ranking it number 488 in the top 500 companies in
the U.S. and Canada, is a tribute to the high caliber of professionals
who comprise SM Consulting.

SMC Offers excellent compensation plans which include full-time
salaries, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Dental, Vision, LT/ST
Disability, 401K + match, vacation, holidays, bonuses and more. It is
our hope that this offer combined with our personal care, respect and
support will convince you that the SMC team is the best team for you!

Required Skills:
Top Secret Security Clearance required
Native or Near Native target language speaking ability
Must possess strong written and verbal English skills

Benefits:
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability
Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Training
and Bonuses

To apply, please forward your resume directly to fodonnell at smcteam.com
(Manager of Federal Programs Recruitment)

Address for Applications:

	Attn: frank odonnell
	1835 Alexander Bell Drive
	Reston, VA 20191
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled.

Contact Information:
	Mgr of Federal Recruitment Frank ODonnell
	Email: fodonnell at smcteam.com
	Tel: 703-555-5555

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!