15.3061, Jobs: Semantics: Asst/Assoc Prof, University of Calgary

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 29 00:17:47 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3061. Thu Oct 28 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3061, Jobs: Semantics: Asst/Assoc Prof, University of Calgary

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 28-Oct-2004
From: Linda Toth < toth at ucalgary.ca >
Subject: Semantics: Asst/Assoc Prof, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:13:25
From: Linda Toth < toth at ucalgary.ca >

University or Organization: University of Calgary
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Calgary seeks applications
for a tenure track appointment in Formal Semantics at the level of Assistant or
Associate Professor. The successful applicant must have a record of excellence
in research and evidence of effective teaching. He or she should be prepared to
teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and to supervise
graduate students in Semantics. Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Linguistics, with a
specialization in Formal Semantics and a strong record of publications. This
position begins July 1, 2005 subject to budgetary approval.  For more
information about our Department and the University of Calgary, please visit our
web site (http://www.fp.ucalgary.ca/Ling). The University of Calgary supports,
appreciates, and encourages diversity. Applications, including a statement of
interest, curriculum vitae, and recent publications should be sent to the search
committee by January 15, 2005.  The applicant should also arrange for three
letters of reference to be sent directly to the committee by this date.

Address for Applications:

	Dr. John Archibald
	2500 University Drive NW
	Social Sciences 820
	Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4
	Canada

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2005

Contact Information:

	Dr. John Archibald
	Email: john.archibald at ucalgary.ca
	Phone: 403-220-7316
	Fax: 403-282-3880
	Website: http://www.fp.ucalgary.ca/Ling

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!