16.638, Jobs: Comp Ling: Post Doc, U of Marne-la-Vallée

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 4 14:54:49 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-638. Fri Mar 04 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.638, Jobs: Comp Ling: Post Doc, U of Marne-la-Vallée

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 03-Mar-2005
From: Eric Laporte < eric.laporte at univ-mlv.fr >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Marne-la-Vallée, France

Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:51:33
From: Eric Laporte < eric.laporte at univ-mlv.fr >

University or Organization: University of Marne-la-Vallée
Department: IGM
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Two Postdoc fellowships available at Institut Gaspard-Monge (IGM), University of
Marne-la-Vallée and CNRS (UMR 8049), France

First Postdoc:
We invite applications for a postdoctoral position at IGM. The appointment
will be for one year (non renewable), starting on September 1, 2005. The 12
month fellowship package includes approx. 1,600 euros monthly salary,
health insurance and travel grant. The major research focus of our group is
natural language text processing based on linguistic resources and
finite-state automata. An online description of the research activities of
our group is available at http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/english/

Eligible topics:
- XML transcoding of the group's linguistic resources
- extension of recursive-transition-network parsing software to the case of
  weighted RTNs
- construction of a lexicalised grammar of syntax for predicative nouns
- extension of an advanced concordancer to bitexts

Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Computer Science or Linguistics. Prior experience in large-coverage
linguistic resources is desirable.

Second Postdoc:
The post-doctoral fellow will work on the state-funded Outilex project,
dedicated to the development of a software platform for text processing
based on linguistic resources, XML and finite-state automata. He/she will
assemble the elements of the platform in co-ordination with the project
partners.

Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Computer Science. Strong computer programming skills are essential.
Prior experience in distributed software development is desirable.

Please visit the following URLs for additional information:
http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/english/International/postDocResources.html
http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/english/International/postDocOutilex.html

Address for Applications:

	Eric Laporte
	5, bd Descartes
	Marne-la-Vallée CE 77454
	France

Application Deadline: 15-Apr-2005

Contact Information:

	Eric Laporte
	Email: eric.laporte at univ-mlv.fr
	Phone: 33-160957552
	Website: http://infolingu.univ-mlv.fr/english/

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.