16.791, Jobs: French/Applied Ling: Asst Prof, U of Albany

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 16 01:10:02 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-791. Tue Mar 15 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.791, Jobs: French/Applied Ling: Asst Prof, U of Albany

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 15-Mar-2005
From: Arlene Ticano < aticano at albany.edu >
Subject: French & Applied Linguistics/Second Language Acquisition: Asst Prof, University at Albany, NY, USA

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:07:43
From: Arlene Ticano < aticano at albany.edu >

University or Organization: University at Albany
Department: Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition
Required Language: French (FRN)

Visiting Assistant Professor in French Linguistics.  One-year appointment
with possibility of renewal.

This position is subject to final budget approval.

Ph.D. in French Linguistics. Specialization in applied linguistics or
second language acquisition desirable.  Equivalent of three-course teaching
load per semester. To coordinate lower level language sequence, supervise
graduate teaching assistants, and teach courses in French language and
linguistics.

Preferred secondary interests:  Applications of technology to language
teaching, History of the French language and French-based Creoles.

Review of applications will begin on April 25 and continue until position
is filled.

Address for Applications:

	Dr. Eloise Briere
	HU 235
	University at Albany
	Albany, NY 12222
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Dr. Eloise Briere
	Email: ebriere at albany.edu
	Phone: 518-442-4439
	Fax: 518-442-4111
	Website: http://www.albany.edu/llc

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!