18.679, Jobs: Semantics and Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCSC

Sun Mar 4 22:42:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-679. Sun Mar 04 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.679, Jobs: Semantics and Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCSC

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Mar-2007
From: Tanya Honig < tbhonig at ucsc.edu >
Subject: Semantics and Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCSC, CA, USA

Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 17:37:53
From: Tanya Honig < tbhonig at ucsc.edu >

University or Organization: UCSC
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://ling.ucsc.edu/
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax

The Department of Linguistics at the University of California, Santa Cruz
announces the opening of
a one year full time position for the academic year 2007-2008.  The successful
candidate will teach
four courses over three quarters, two of which will be graduate courses in
formal semantics.  We
are therefore looking for someone with a strong research and teaching
specialization in formal
semantics and pragmatics.  In addition, however, we are seeking a candidate who
will contribute in
significant ways to the department's existing strength in syntax.  The campus is
especially
interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of
the academic
community through their research, teaching, and/or service.

Applicants should have a PhD degree in Linguistics, a primary specialization in
semantics and a
strong secondary specialization in syntax.  The successful candidate will be
expected to contribute
equally to the undergraduate and graduate curricula and applicants should
therefore supply
evidence of experience and excellence in teaching, particularly at the
undergraduate level.

The department sponsors two undergraduate majors (Linguistics and Language
Studies) and offers
MA and PhD programs in theoretical linguistics focused on the core disciplines
of phonology,
syntax, and semantics.  The teaching load associated with this position will be
four courses divided
among three quarters beginning in Fall 2007.

Further information about the department, its faculty, its students, and its
programs is available at
http://ling.ucsc.edu.

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2007

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee Department of Linguistics
	University of California, Santa Cruz
	1156 High Street
	Santa Cruz, CA 95064
	USA