18.3098, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Lingware and Quality Engineer, SVOX AG

Tue Oct 23 14:34:53 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3098. Tue Oct 23 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3098, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Lingware and Quality Engineer, SVOX AG

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Oct-2007
From: Steiner Barbara < steiner at svox.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Lingware and Quality Engineer, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:33:09
From: Steiner Barbara [steiner at svox.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3098.html&submissionid=159342&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SVOX AG
Web Address: http://www.svox.com

Job Rank: Lingware and Quality Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Position: Lingware and Quality Engineer

Company:
SVOX AG is a dynamic technology company specialized in text-to-speech and a
leading provider of speech output solutions for the automotive and mobile
devices industries.

We are seeking to add to our research and development team a lingware and
quality engineer with a proven track record in speech technology
development and quality assurance. You will create new language modules
(lingware) for use with our state-of-the-art text-to-speech engine and
drive quality improvements at all levels of the SVOX lingware.

We invite applications from senior speech technology developers as well as
from promising new talents. SVOX provides a varied position in an
international, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.

Tasks:
-  Define and evolve the lingware quality assurance strategy and processes
-  Test and improve lingware
-  Organize and manage project teams of internal and external testers
-  Develop and optimize tools and reporting mechanisms for lingware testing
-  Contribute improvement ideas for product research and development

Formal requirements:
-  A degree (MSc or BSc) in computer science, electrical engineering,
computational linguistics, or related field
-  2+ years experience in speech technology development and quality assurance
-  Programming and scripting skills
-  A strong background and interest in linguistics and languages
-  Experience with studio recordings is a plus

Personal requirements:
-  Complete written and spoken fluency in English, knowledge of other
languages are a strong plus
-  Excellent organization and communication skills
-  Has a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team
-  Strong commitment to the job
-  Analytical thinking and very high quality standards
-  Willingness to relocate to Zurich, Switzerland

Start date:
At earliest availability

Contact:
Please contact Ms. Barbara Steiner or send your application to the
application address listed below.

	SVOX AG
	Baslerstrasse 30
	Zurich 8048