19.264, Jobs: English & Applied Linguis tics: Lecturer, Ruhr-Universit ät Bochum

Tue Jan 22 16:31:28 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-264. Tue Jan 22 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.264, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Ruhr-Universität Bochum

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Jan-2008
From: Andrea Gerbig < andrea.gerbig at rub.de >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:29:15
From: Andrea Gerbig [andrea.gerbig at rub.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-264.html&submissionid=167064&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Department: English Department
Job Location: Bochum, NRW, Germany
Web Address: http://www.rub.de/anglistik

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; English as a Foreign Language

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The English Seminar at the Ruhr-University of Bochum is seeking to fill a
vacancy starting in April 2008 for the position of a Lecturer ("Lektor") at
the Department of English (TVL 13; 36250 - 40310 Euros per annum according to
the amount of teaching experience) as from 1 April, 2008. The contract will
initially be for 2 years. Depending on performance a tenured position is
possible. The department welcomes applications for this position, which
mainly involves teaching linguistics and English as a foreign language at
the BA level (16 hours a week).

To apply, please send a CV including an employment record to Prof. Dr. Luuk
Houwen, at the application address or email listed below. Applications with
the appropriate testimonials and a list of courses taught should reach us
no later than 1 March 2008.

Ruhr-University Bochum is committed to equal opportunity in employment and
gender equality in its working environment. To increase gender distribution
in all job categories and at all levels, we strongly encourage applications
from qualified women. Female applicants will be given preferential
consideration when their level of qualification, competence and
professional achievements equals that of male candidates, unless arguments
based on the personal background of a male co-applicant prevail.
Applications from appropriately qualified handicapped persons are also
encouraged.

Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Dr. Luuk Houwen