19.2267, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, AppTek

Wed Jul 16 16:39:02 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2267. Wed Jul 16 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2267, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, AppTek

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Jul-2008
From: Mike Veronis < jobs at apptek.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, AppTek, McLean, VA, USA

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:36:00
From: Mike Veronis [jobs at apptek.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2267.html&submissionid=184660&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: AppTek
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.apptek.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Computer/Software Programming

Applications Technology, Inc. (AppTek) is a dynamic, fast-growing software
company in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a great corporate
culture, friendly environment and challenging work. AppTek has been working
in human language technology since 1990 and we are one of the leading
companies in the field of Machine Translation (MT) and Automated Speech
Recognition (ASR). AppTek provides technologies like speech recognition,
machine translation, information retrieval, automatic document
classification, automatic text (or speech) summarization, etc.

Since 1996, AppTek's speech recognition team has been working on highly
scalable, state-of-the-art speech recognition systems that run on large
server farms, stand-alone PCs or small, integrated and/or embedded
computers (PDA-class and even DSPs) and for many languages. Application
domains are among others: transcription of broadcast media, telephony
applications (small and large vocabulary, e.g. voice-based search or
voicemail transcription) and microphone-input for speech-to-speech
translation.

We have opportunities for programmers to expand our technical team.

Programmer III

-  BS Computer Science degree
-  5+ years C/C++
-  1-2 years C#
-  Microsoft Visual Studio
-  COM/.NET, STL, Multithreading, TCP/IP, SOA
-  Cross-platform development experience is a plus.  (Primary development
platform is Windows but knowledge of cross-platform development is helpful.)

This person will be an integral member of software development team working
closely with other developers to design and implement custom Human Language
Technology (HLT) software applications ranging from desktop software to
scalable multi-host client-server/SOA software.

Entry Level Programmer/Technical Support

-  Job requires programming or IT certification course completion or 2
years experience in help desk or technical support role.
-  Software distribution and license fulfillment.
-  Support customers with application installation and troubleshooting,
-  Support engineering staff with development of internal tools for
analysis and reporting

Email Address for Applications: jobs at apptek.com
Contact Information:
	Mike Veronis