19.1465, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Content Analyst, SkyGrid

Thu May 1 21:52:55 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1465. Thu May 01 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1465, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Content Analyst, SkyGrid

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Apr-2008
From:  Johnson < jobs at skygrid.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Content Analyst, SkyGrid, Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 17:51:07
From:  Johnson [jobs at skygrid.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1465.html&submissionid=177021&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SkyGrid
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.skygrid.com

Job Rank: Linguistic Content Analyst

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

SkyGrid has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Linguistic
Content Analyst to join our unique engineering and scientific team and help
create the next-generation of our SkyGrid Terminal Internet application.
SkyGrid Terminal provides real-time semantic analysis and delivery of
internet news. You will contribute alongside experts in fields such as
natural language processing, scalable Internet infrastructure, and semantic
analysis to advance the capabilities of our core technologies and stabilize
our current algorithms.

Responsibilities:
-  Analyze Internet news content for linguistic patterns.
-  Provide linguistic expertise to refine SkyGrid classification content
models.
-  Continuously and proactively strive to improve classification quality.
-  Administer, manage, and maintain linguistic databases.
-  Work closely with other team members to improve SkyGrid.
-  Organize and communicate your findings clearly, succinctly, and frequently.
-  Thrive in a fast-paced environment.

Qualifications:
-  Degree in linguistics or equivalent working experience.
-  Ability to apply linguistic expertise to build classification models for
internet content.
-  Computational background: experience with scripting and/or programming.
-  Experience with database maintenance and manipulation.
-  A passion to work on a leading edge internet application.
-  Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
-  Strong problem-solving and communication skills - a Team Player.
-  Facility with Microsoft Excel and Word.
-  Familiarity with Linux and programming a plus.
-  Experience with software development a plus.
-  Experience in news analysis or computational applications a plus.

Competitive salary with bonus plan, stock options, 401(k) plan, and
medical, dental, and vision insurance.

If you're smart, energetic, and driven to succeed we want you on our team!
Please send your resume to the application email listed below.

About SkyGrid:
SkyGrid was founded March 2005 to provide a comprehensive, fast, and
easy-to-use information platform. Today, SkyGrid is a rapid growth start-up
serving some of the fastest acting companies in the world and is a key part
of mission critical decisions. Current customers include leading financial
institutions with asset bases from $20 billion to almost $1 trillion.
SkyGrid has received funding from sophisticated and experienced investors
including RRE and DFJ, as well as from many highly regarded private
individuals from the financial industry. SkyGrid's headquarters are located
in Sunnyvale, CA.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at skygrid.com
Contact Information:
	Walter Johnson