19.3418, Jobs: Arabic, Standard & Applied Ling: Asst/Assoc Prof, Wayne State U

Sat Nov 8 21:33:19 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3418. Sat Nov 08 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3418, Jobs: Arabic, Standard & Applied Ling: Asst/Assoc Prof, Wayne State U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Nov-2008
From: Amanda S. Donigian < ad1129 at wayne.edu >
Subject: Arabic, Standard & Applied Linguistics: Assistant/Associate Professor, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA

Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 16:30:37
From: Amanda S. Donigian [ad1129 at wayne.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3418.html&submissionid=195748&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Wayne State University
Department: Classical & Modern Languages
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://www.clas.wayne.edu/languages

Job Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

Arabic Language and Linguistics TT position

The CMLLC Department at Wayne State University invites applications for a
tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professorship in Arabic Language and
Linguistics, starting 8/19/09.

Duties: teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Arabic language and
linguistics, supervising Master's research in relevant fields, advising
Arabic majors, basic course coordination in Arabic, and taking the lead in
language curriculum development for the Arabic/Near Eastern Studies program.

Qualifications: native or near native fluency in Modern Standard Arabic and
English, PhD by date of appointment, and active engagement in teaching,
research, and publication. Apply online at http://jobs.wayne.edu, position
number 035742 with a letter and CV.  References and a writing sample are to
be sent to Dr. Margaret Winters as indicated on-line.  For full
consideration, materials must be received by November 15, 2008.  Please
indicate availability for interview at the MESA meeting.

Wayne State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer;
we encourage applications from those in underrepresented categories
including minorities and women.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2008

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.wayne.edu
Contact Information: