20.1986, Jobs: Speech and Language Pathology: Lecturer, Newcastle University, UK

Wed May 27 13:43:50 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-1986. Wed May 27 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.1986, Jobs: Speech and Language Pathology: Lecturer, Newcastle University, UK

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-May-2009
From: Sam Taylor < sam.taylor1 at ncl.ac.uk >

Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:42:29
From: Sam Taylor [sam.taylor1 at ncl.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-1986.html&submissionid=218670&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Newcastle University
Department: School of ECLS
Job Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Speech and Language Pathology

Newcastle University is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in developmental
speech and language disorders in the School of Education, Communication and
Language Sciences (ECLS) to join our active and enthusiastic team working
in the area of speech and language sciences.

The Speech and Language Sciences Section is internationally recognised as a
centre of excellence for training of speech and language therapists and
theoretical and clinical research in speech and language.

The Section offers pre-registration training at undergraduate (BSc) and
postgraduate (MSc) level as well as providing opportunities for
post-registration research and development at Masters and Doctorate levels.
The Section has consistently performed at a high level in the Research
Assessment Exercise.

The post will contribute to teaching and development on the
pre-registration programmes in speech and language therapy and postgraduate
programmes run within the School. The successful applicant must have a
strong commitment to research and evidence of this at PhD level.
Research and clinical experience in the area of developmental communication
disorders is essential, as is a qualification to practise speech and
language therapy and Health Professions Council registration.

Please see job contact information below.

Application Deadline: 19-Jun-2009

Web Address for Applications: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/
Contact Information:
	Dr Anne Whitworth