21.524, Jobs: Pragmatics; Semantics: Lecturer, University of Oxford

Tue Feb 2 17:51:11 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-524. Tue Feb 02 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.524, Jobs: Pragmatics; Semantics: Lecturer, University of Oxford

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Feb-2010
From: Lindsay Rudge < Lindsay.Rudge at humanities.ox.ac.uk >
Subject: Pragmatics; Semantics: Lecturer, University of Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:48:43
From: Lindsay Rudge [Lindsay.Rudge at humanities.ox.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-524.html&submissionid=2608760&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oxford
Department: Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics
Job Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/index.php?section=1

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Pragmatics; Semantics

University Of Oxford
Faculty Of Linguistics, Philology And Phonetics
in association with Jesus College
University Lecturership in Linguistics (Semantics and Pragmatics)
Grade 10a: Salary £42,351 - £56,917 p.a.

Applications are invited for a University Lecturership in Linguistics
(Semantics and Pragmatics), in the Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and
Phonetics, Oxford University, which will lead to a permanent academic post
upon the successful completion of a probationary period. A non-tutorial
fellowship at Jesus College is attached to this position.

The successful applicant will join the recently formed Faculty, a vibrant
community of linguists working in various aspects of the discipline, both
synchronic and diachronic (further information on our interests and
activities is available at the Faculty's website:
http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/). The principal focus of the post is to
conduct advanced research in semantics and pragmatics, and to provide
lectures and tutorials in these areas. We particularly welcome applicants
(who should have a PhD or equivalent qualification in an appropriate area)
with an interest in interface issues, including the syntax-semantics
interface, as well as relations between prosody, information structure, and
semantics, and applicants whose work will reinforce ties with researchers
in the Philosophy of Language in Oxford's Faculty of Philosophy. The
Linguistics Faculty is planning to join Philosophy and Psychology to create
a new undergraduate degree (in addition to the current joint degrees with
Modern Languages), which will inevitably draw on the expertise of the new
colleague. The Faculty also has thriving one- and two-year Master's
programmes and a large number of doctoral students, and the appointee will
naturally be expected to make a contribution to graduate teaching and
supervision.

Further particulars for the post are available on the University website at
http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/fp/. For an informal discussion, please contact
Professor Aditi Lahiri, Professor of Linguistics and Chair of the Board of
the Faculty, via Kate Dobson at Kate.Dobson at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk.

Applications should be sent to Dr. Lindsay Rudge, quoting reference
HUM/09021P/E. The closing date for receipt of applications is February
26th, 2010.

The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity.

Application Deadline: 26-Feb-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr Lindsay Rudge
	Humanities Division