21.1234, Jobs: English, Applied Ling, Disc Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, INC.

Fri Mar 12 18:52:21 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1234. Fri Mar 12 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1234, Jobs: English, Applied Ling, Disc Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, INC.

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Mar-2010
From: Anita Maximo < amaximo at verilogue.com >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, INC., Pennsylvania, USA

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:51:19
From: Anita Maximo [amaximo at verilogue.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1234.html&submissionid=2617175&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Verilogue, Inc.
Department: Analytics
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.verilogue.com

Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Verilogue, Inc., located in Horsham, PA brings patients, physicians and the
healthcare industry together to share information, enhance disease
understanding and participate in medical marketing research. In order to
develop more effective medicines and communication materials for patients
and physicians, the healthcare industry requires more insightful customer
data.  Verilogue provides a secure and confidential way for patients and
physicians to share opinions during office interactions.

Overview
Our Analytics Group applies methods of linguistic, conversation and
ethnographic analysis to physician-patient interactions, delivering deep
insights about the way physicians and patients manage discussions
pertaining to diagnosis and treatment of a variety of health conditions. We
are seeking a manager with formal training in applied linguistics,
particularly with exposure to discourse and conversation analysis, and
experience in qualitative marketing research.

Primary Responsibilities
•Assume a leadership role in cross-functional project management and delivery
•Analyze large bodies of conversational data to provide insight into:
-Interactional dynamics
-Physician & patient emotional and attitudinal profiles
-Uses of conceptual metaphor and descriptive analogies
-Disease and product sentiment
-Brand positioning
•Develop strategic reports and presentations
•Lead client workshops and report presentations
•Contribute to the development of marketing collateral and communications
pieces, including monthly newsletters, consumer and scholarly articles, and
conference presentations
•Work with junior staff to enhance existing analytical modules and develop
new, innovate modules to support new product/service offerings
•Support client retention and business development efforts

Key Competencies
•Comfortable with principles of applied linguistics and ethno methodology
•Understanding of or interest in the health care industry
•Familiar with qualitative marketing research
•Strong writing skills
•Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
•Sense of initiative and the ability to undertake and successfully conclude
projects with minimal supervision
•Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel

Minimum Qualifications
•3-5 years experience in a professional business environment, including 1-2
years in qualitative market research, product marketing, or strategic
communications
•Master's degree with advanced coursework in applied linguistics
•Superb presentation skills
•Publication and conference presentation history

Compensation and Benefits
Verilogue provides a base salary, bonus and equity plans commensurate with
candidate experience and position requirements.  Health and welfare
benefits include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans.  Other
benefits include a 401(k) retirement plan, life and accidental death
insurance, paid vacation and holidays.  Our employees also enjoy flexible
schedules and a casual work environment.

Verilogue rewards personal excellence in the pursuit of our common goals
and is extraordinarily respectful of the individual and of the creative,
intellectual and cultural diversity of our team.

If you are interested in joining Verilogue, please e-mail your resume and
salary requirements to careers at verilogue.com or fax you resume to 866-379-3306.

Verilogue is an equal opportunity employer.

Email Address for Applications: careers at verilogue.com
Contact Information:
	Director, Human Resources Anita Maximo
	Email: amaximo at verilogue.com
	Fax: 866-379-3306

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $65,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Space Fund
Drive 2010 and join us for a great journey!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2010/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.