22.655, FYI: Making Research Stand Out with Multimedia

Wed Feb 9 15:21:24 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-655. Wed Feb 09 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.655, FYI: Making Research Stand Out with Multimedia

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Feb-2011
From: Christopher Tancock [c.tancock at elsevier.com]
Subject: Making Research Stand Out with Multimedia

Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:20:35
From: Christopher Tancock [c.tancock at elsevier.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-655.html&submissionid=4495376&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Modern research often involves more than a linear page of text and the
occasional graph or table. Much research comes in the form of video, audio,
or animations, and includes colour photographs, datasets, or transcripts.

Elsevier fully supports authors wanting to make use of these possibilities
and we encourage you to consider this for your own research. In this way,
you can present your article in an accessible and innovative manner and the
resulting article will clearly stand out from the crowd.

Data presented in this way can range from interviews, video abstracts,
audio files or analyses; 3-D animations, scans, maps, presentations,
cartoons, recordings and more. These data will be presented alongside your
paper on ScienceDirect and will be viewable directly on the page (embedded
via flash video or audio player).

For more detailed instructions please visit the multimedia instruction
pages at:

http://www.elsevier.com/artworkinstructions

and to find out more about our leading linguistics journals, see:

www.elsevier.com/linguistics

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable