22.227, Jobs: Ling & Lit: Asst/Assoc Prof, National Institute of Education

Fri Jan 14 15:46:34 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-227. Fri Jan 14 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.227, Jobs: Ling & Lit: Asst/Assoc Prof, National Institute of Education

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 12-Jan-2011
From: Tay Celeste [yizhen.tay at nie.edu.sg]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Literature: Assistant/Associate Professor or Professor, National Institute of Education, Singapore

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:40:18
From: Tay Celeste [yizhen.tay at nie.edu.sg]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-227.html&submissionid=4011795&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: National Institute of Education
Department: English Language and Literature Academic Group
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Web Address: http://nie.edu.sg
Job Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor or Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The English Language and Literature Academic Group of the National
Institute of Education is a department that focuses on research and teacher
education in the areas of English Language, Linguistics and Literature. We
pride ourselves in having a research culture that embraces diversity and
multidisciplinary perspectives, as well as a strong focus on maintaining
excellence in our teaching and pedagogy. The department has both academic
and pedagogy program commitments, and offers undergraduate and graduate
programs as well as in-service and pre-service teacher certification
courses. Research oriented graduate work is also offered for the Master of
Arts and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees.

We invite qualified applicants to apply for the following academic positions:

*  Literature - for the position of Associate Professor or Professor
-  English Literature Education - covering various aspects, including
curriculum design and pedagogy at the secondary or high school level

*  English Language/Applied Linguistics - for the position of Assistant
Professor, Associate Professor or Professor
-  Pedagogical Grammar
-  Sociolinguistics
-  Testing and Assessment
-  Listening and Speaking

All applicants should have a doctoral degree in the relevant field with a
strong record in research and teaching at a university setting that qualify
for an appointment at the respective levels of Assistant Professor,
Associate Professor or Professor (tenure track). Applicants who possess a
Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or the equivalent teaching
qualification, along with secondary school, high school or sixth-form
college literature teaching experience, will be in a position of added
advantage.

Successful applicants hired on the professorial track will be expected to
contribute strongly to teaching and course development at the undergraduate
and postgraduate levels, as well as professional development programmes.
Responsibilities may also include the facilitation of teaching practice,
and thesis supervision. All faculty members are expected to maintain a
strong research and publication record. In addition, Associate
Professors/Professors are senior faculty members who are also expected to
take on leadership positions where necessary.

For more information, please visit the application URL below.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.nie.edu.sg/about-nie/careers/vacancies
Contact Information:
	Ms Tay Celeste
	Email: yizhen.tay at nie.edu.sg