22.2053, Jobs: German; Semantics: Researcher, University of Stuttgart

Thu May 12 21:51:34 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2053. Thu May 12 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2053, Jobs: German; Semantics: Researcher, University of Stuttgart

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 12-May-2011
From: Antje Rossdeutscher [antje at ims.uni-stuttgart.de]
Subject: German; Semantics: Researcher, University of Stuttgart, Germany

Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 17:49:34
From: Antje Rossdeutscher [antje at ims.uni-stuttgart.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2053.html&submissionid=4519235&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Stuttgart
Department: SFB 732 Incremental Specification in Context
Job Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/linguistik/sfb732/
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Semantics

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

The University of Stuttgart has an opening for a research position  in the
Project B4 ('Lexical Information and its Manifestation in the Context of
Word Formation, Sentence and Discourse') of the Sonderforschungsbereich 732
('Incremental Specification in Context')

B4-webpage:
http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/linguistik/sfb73/index.php?article_id=56

Applicants must have completed their Ph.D by the time of appointment.

The position is financed until the end of June 2014.

The position requires participation in one of the following research tasks:

(i) Syntax and Semantics of deverbal nouns and German prefix verbs.
(ii) The classification of ambiguity types and disambiguation mechanisms.
 (Task (ii) is carried out jointly with the SFB projects B3 and B5.)

Knowledge of formal semantics is required. Since the semantic
representation formalism used in the project is based on Discourse
Representation Theory and U(nderspecified) DRT, knowledge of DRT is desirable.

Application Deadline: 10-Jun-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	PD Dr. Antje Rossdeutscher
	Institute for Computational Linguistics