22.2297, Jobs: Korean Language and Culture: Assistant Professor, York University

Tue May 31 22:04:29 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2297. Tue May 31 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2297, Jobs: Korean Language and Culture: Assistant Professor, York University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 30-May-2011
From: Peter Avery [pavery at yorku.ca]
Subject: Korean Language and Culture: Assistant Professor, York University, Ontario, Canada

Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:02:49
From: Peter Avery [pavery at yorku.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2297.html&submissionid=4521555&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: York University
Department: Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.yorku.ca/laps/dlll
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Korean Language and Culture

Required Language(s): Korean (kor)

The Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics, Faculty of
Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, York University, invites
applications for a contractually limited position in Korean. The position
is for one year with potential of renewal for two additional years,
commencing on August 1, 2011.

Qualifications:
-  Ph.D. in a field relevant to teaching Korean language and culture is
required. The successful candidate will teach Korean language, culture,
literature and/or linguistics, therefore, experience teaching courses in
these areas at the university level is required. Familiarity with current
trends in language pedagogy and a background in language program
development and coordination is desirable.
-  The appointee must have a current record of relevant publications and
conference presentations. Publications in the area of Korean language,
culture, literature or linguistics will be considered.
-  Native or near-native fluency in Korean and English is required.

A letter of application, an up-to-date curriculum vitae, a statement of
research and teaching interests and teaching evaluations should be sent to
the application address given below. Email applications will be accepted
but we request that you also send a hard copy. Candidates should arrange
for three letters of recommendation to be sent to the address below prior
to the application deadline and should list the name, position, email
address and telephone numbers of those referees in the application letter.

Application Deadline: All applications received before June 24, 2011 will
be fully considered; those submitted after this date may not be.

York University is an Affirmative Action employer. The Affirmative Action
Program can be found on York's website at
http://www.yorku.ca/acadjobs/index.htm or a copy can be obtained by calling
the affirmative action office at 416-736-5713. All qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents
will be given priority.

Application Deadline: 24-Jun-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Peter Avery, Chair
	Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
	York University
	4700 Keele Street
	Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
	Canada