23.943, Jobs: Applied Ling; First-Year Writing: Post Doc, Wheaton College

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 24 17:02:14 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-943. Fri Feb 24 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.943, Jobs: Applied Ling; First-Year Writing: Post Doc, Wheaton College

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 23-Feb-2012
From: Lisa Lebduska [llebdusk at wheatonma.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; First-Year Writing: Post Doc, Wheaton College, MA, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:19:32
From: Lisa Lebduska [llebdusk at wheatonma.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-943.html&submissionid=4541370&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Wheaton College
Department: English
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.wheatoncollege.edu
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; First-Year Writing

Mellon Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Applied Linguistics
Department of English, Wheaton College, Norton, MA
Duration: 2 years
Teaching Load: 3 courses per year
Salary: $50,000 + benefits + research stipend.

Wheaton College, a highly selective liberal arts college in Norton,
Massachusetts, invites applications for a two-year Andrew W. Mellon Post-
Doctoral Fellowship in Applied Linguistics, to begin Fall, 2012. We seek a
colleague with a PhD in Linguistics or a related field who is interested in
joining the English department of a small liberal arts college and who can
enrich our curriculum with contemporary perspectives and new research.
Over the two-year appointment the Mellon Fellow will teach two sections of
first-year writing and four linguistics courses (3 courses per year). One
course, which will be taught both years, will be on Global Englishes. The
others may be on Structure and Grammar of English, the History of the
English Language, or other topics in applied linguistics that will help our
students develop as scholars, writers and teachers of writing. The design of
individual courses is left to the Fellow, although the department mentor can
assist with course development. Fellows are expected to participate in the
life of the department and are encouraged both to make connections
across the curriculum and to participate in trans-disciplinary research that
links English, Mathematics, Computer Science, Psychology, Anthropology
and Modern Languages.

Fellows are allocated salaries of $50,000 with full benefits and additional
research funds as well as inter- and intra-departmental mentoring.
Applications are due by March 15, 2012; early applications are
encouraged. We anticipate that interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Candidates must apply on line at the application URL below.

Wheaton College seeks educational excellence through diversity and
strongly encourages applications from women and men of minority groups.
Inquiries may be sent to Professor Lisa Lebduska, Director of College
Writing, at the email address below.

Application Deadline: 14-Mar-2012

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.wheatoncollege.edu
Contact Information: