26.1927, Confs: Salishan, Anthropological Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling/Canada

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 10 22:41:07 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1927. Fri Apr 10 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1927, Confs: Salishan, Anthropological Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling/Canada

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 18:40:39
From: Natalie Weber [natalie.a.weber at gmail.com]
Subject: International Conference on Salish and Neighbo(u)ring Languages

International Conference on Salish and Neighbo(u)ring Languages
Short Title: ICSNL

Date: 05-Aug-2015 - 07-Aug-2015
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Contact: Lisa Matthewson
Contact Email: Lisa.Matthewson at ubc.ca
Meeting URL: http://icsnl.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics

Language Family(ies): Salishan
Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the 50th Annual International Conference on Salish and Neighbouring Languages (ICSNL) will be held from August 5–7, 2015 at the University of British Columbia, jointly hosted by UBC and the Simon Fraser University First Nations Language Centre. All papers relevant to the documentation, analysis, preservation, and teaching of Salish and neighbouring languages are welcome.

To help us celebrate the 50th anniversary, we have an outstanding line-up of invited speakers who have all made important contributions to the field and to past conferences. We will also be inviting community members and elders; these invitees are to be confirmed.

          http://multitree.org/