26.2094, Calls: Cog Science, Computational Ling, Disc Analysis, General Ling, Lang Acquisition/France

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 20 19:59:39 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2094. Mon Apr 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2094, Calls: Cog Science, Computational Ling, Disc Analysis, General Ling, Lang Acquisition/France

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:58:42
From: Samantha Ruvoletto [samantha.ruvoletto at gmail.com]
Subject: Cognition, Langage et Interaction 2015

Full Title: Cognition, Langage et Interaction 2015
Short Title: CLI2015

Date: 15-Oct-2015 - 16-Oct-2015
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Samantha Ruvoletto
Meeting Email: samantha.ruvoletto at gmail.com
Web Site: http://cli2015.fr/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 23-Apr-2015

Meeting Description:

Following the success of the first edition of the Workshop CLI’2014, we are pleased to announce the second edition organized by the doctoral students of “Cognition, Language and Interaction” of the University Paris 8. This year, the selected theme is 'Information Processing'. The two-day international workshop will take place on October, 15-16 2015 in the building of the University of Paris 8 in conference room B 106.

Topics may include normal processes or dysfunctions (each of the listed disciplines in different stages in life). The purpose of this workshop is to promote young researchers and allow for a transdisciplinary reflection and to update and exceed the status of knowledge in this subject.

Call for Papers:

The workshop CLI’2015 will include two different types of parallel sessions:

- Oral Communication: Each communication lasting about 30 min is divided into two parts. The first part is the presentation of works (between 15 and 20 min), and the second is time for the roundtable discussion (between 5 and 10 min). The use of multimedia tool is recommended here.
- Interactive Workshop: Traditional posters (maximum one page of format A1), demonstration of applications, (experiments/performance/data processor online/presentation of software/tools, etc.).

All participants (public and private) can participate in workshops (carry out a test, discover the software, exchange their knowledge...). Various types of presentations will be accepted.

This call for papers is for all doctoral students and young researchers in France and abroad.

4 Axes of Research:

Axis 1- Transmit Information: What is the resource of information? What are production methods? What is the content of information? How can information be transmitted?
Axis 2- Receive Information: What are the means of perceiving information? Which tools do we use to receive information?
Axis 3- Understand Information: How can we interpret information? Which mechanisms do we use to analyze information? Which processes do we need to integrate the data?
Axis 4- Respond to Information: Interpretation of information. Does information have an impact on a person or system? If yes, what kind of impact?

Those various axes that are applied to all types of stimulus and topic areas (individuals, group of  individuals,  animals,  robots,  computers  and  software,  systems...)  can  be  discussed  in several aspects, more or less extensively. Here’s an indicative but non-exhaustive list:

- Semiotic
- Programming
- Cryptography
- Aesthetics
- Acquisition/Learning
- Interaction
- Communication
- Perception
- Memorization
- Comprehension
- Representation
[...]

We accept only the Portable Document Format (PDF). Papers should be formatted using the Internet website Easychair (https://easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?timeout=1%3Bkey%3D23207304.DWkyFQzV5riXuKII), not later than by 23 April 2015. Only the submissions
in  English  and  French  will  be  reviewed.  Paper  submission  is  anonymous  (max.  one  page,  a document  in  the  A4  format,  with  2.5  cm  margins  and  a  double-spaced  lines  1.5).  The bibliography  and  complementary  materials  must  figure  in  one  or  two  separate  pages.  You
have to write on your abstract whether you want an oral presentation, a poster or whether your choice regarding that matter is under-specified.
Acceptance  notices  or  refusals  will  be  transmitted  to  contributors  from  8  June  2015.  If accepted, your abstract will be included in the conference booklet.

You also have the possibility to publish in the conference’s proceedings. If you are interested, please follow the guidelines of the document on our website  http://cli2015.fr/

          http://multitree.org/