26.3104, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Taiwan

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 1 18:50:04 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3104. Wed Jul 01 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3104, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Taiwan

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 14:49:52
From: Chih-Ying Lin [rebeccalin16 at hotmail.com]
Subject: 2015 International Conference on English for Specific Purposes

Full Title: 2015 International Conference on English for Specific Purposes

Date: 23-Oct-2015 - 24-Oct-2015
Location: Taichung City, Taiwan
Contact Person: Lana Tan
Meeting Email: fcuesp2015 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/site/2015espconference/home

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2015

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to invite you to the 2015 International Conference on English for Specific Purposes. Our theme this year, “ESP: Moving Higher Education Closer to the Industry,” examines the need for ESP professionals to align their practice with the needs of industry. By holding this conference, we hope to:

1. Explore theories and approaches to ESP pedagogy and research;
2. Strengthen the bonds between higher education and industry; and
3. Gain insights into “glocal” ESP issues

Conference Organizer:

Foreign Language Center, Feng Chia University (FCU)

Conference Co-organizer:

Taiwan ESP Association (TESPA)
College of Humanities and Social Sciences, FCU
Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, FCU
General Education Center, FCU

Conference Dates: October 23-24, 2015 (Friday and Saturday)

Venue:

Chi Yuan Hall, the 4th & 6th International Conference Halls
Ren Yan Building, Feng Chia University, Taiwan

Call for Papers:

For more information please see the call for papers on the conference website:
https://sites.google.com/site/2015espconference/call-for-papers

Sub-topics:

1. Collaboration with industry
2. ESP from the perspective of stakeholders
3. ESP and language policy
4. Corpus-based approaches
5. ESP pedagogy
6. ESP assessment
7. ESP teacher training and education
8. ESP Materials design, lesson planning, and curriculum construction
9. Other relevant topics

Presentation Details:

Paper presentation: 20 minutes; Q&A: 5 minutes (25 minutes total)

Important Dates:

Deadline for abstract submission: July 31, 2015
Notification of abstract acceptance: August 10, 2015

Contact Information:

Ms. Lana Tan
Foreign Language Center, Feng Chia University
Tel.: 886-4-24517250 ext. 5890
E-mail: fcuesp2015 at gmail.com