26.1632, Featured Linguist: Eric Campbell

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 26 14:42:37 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1632. Thu Mar 26 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1632, Featured Linguist: Eric Campbell

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:42:07
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Featured Linguist: Eric Campbell

Dear subscribers,

We are pleased to present you our featured linguist Eric Campbell for Fund
Drive 2015. Please support the LINGUIST List editors and activities with a
donation:

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Eric Campbell

My journey to becoming a linguist was a circuitous one, taking me first
through music, into engineering, then back to music, and finally landing in
linguistics. I suppose it began when I was nine years old and I got my first
(toy) drum kit for Christmas. I really took to playing the drums, and two
years later I got my first real drum set. In high school in Dearborn, Michigan
(U.S.), I enjoyed most subjects, but math and science were the ones that came
most naturally for me. So, not knowing what else to do, I applied to and then
enrolled in the nearby College of Engineering at the University of Michigan.
In the meantime, a few friends and I had formed a band, and we began writing
music and playing live shows in Detroit and Chicago, inspired by the
blissed-out shoegazer rock coming out of England at the time. (...)

Read more:
http://blog.linguistlist.org/?p=2110

Please support The LINGUIST List editors and activities and donate during the
Fund Drive 2015. LINGUIST List really needs your suppport!

Thank you all!