26.3952, FYI: TeachLing Annual Recruitment Drive

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 7 18:16:30 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3952. Mon Sep 07 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3952, FYI:  TeachLing Annual Recruitment Drive

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 14:16:19
From: Dave Sayers [dave.sayers at cantab.net]
Subject: TeachLing Annual Recruitment Drive

Hello assorted linguists,

Do you teach linguistics? Do you like email? Are you tired of having to find all your readings and design your lectures all on your own? If you answered yes to any of these, then TeachLing is the place for you! It's a list for anyone who teaches (or might be about to teach...) linguistics of any kind, and wants some company in this lonely old world.

Now, September is upon us, the carefree gallivanting of conference season is drawing to a close, a flurry of academic employment contracts has been signed, and the lecture halls are once again beckoning us into their warm embrace. So this seems a good time to plug our little list, and beat the drum for membership. It's completely free! And, if you aren't 100% satisfied, then you'll be refunded in full!

For this annual rush it would be easiest to funnel people into a secure Google doc so that email addresses can be collected and added to the list en masse. There is a self-registration system, but with that each new member request has to be individually approved. Call me lazy...

So, if teaching linguistics currently occupies some or all of your time, please head along here and add your email address: http://goo.gl/PvYu97.

Lastly, allow me to introduce my co-moderator / co-overlord (coverlord?), Dr. Charlotte Selleck at the University of Worcester: http://www.worcester.ac.uk/discover/charlotte-selleck.html. Please distribute any praise and/or blame equally between us.

And please feel free to distribute this message far and wide.
See you on TeachLing! :)
Dave
--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University

          http://multitree.org/