27.921, Calls: Gen Ling/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 22 15:51:59 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-921. Mon Feb 22 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.921, Calls: Gen Ling/USA

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:51:48
From: Covadonga Lamar Prieto [Covadonga.lamar-prieto at ucr.edu]
Subject: Modern Language Association

Full Title: Modern Language Association
Short Title: MLA

Date: 05-Jan-2017 - 08-Jan-2017
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Contact Person: Covadonga Lamar Prieto
Meeting Email: Covadonga.lamar-prieto at ucr.edu
Web Site: https://apps.mla.org/cfp_detail_8908

In memoriam: A tribute to Dr. Claudia Parodi (†2015)

The General Linguistics Discussion Group of the Modern Language Association
invites proposals related to the work of Dr Claudia Parodi, sorely missed
since November 2015. We would like for this session to be a commemoration of
her impact in the fields of Hispanic Studies and Philology.

We seek proposals in line with her different lines of work. In that sense, we
welcome papers linked –although not exclusively- to the following topics:

- Language Contact in Spanish America
- Studies in Colonial Linguistics
- Historical Linguistics
- Los Angeles Vernacular Spanish, and Spanish in the US
- Formal Syntax

Please, email 250-word abstracts by 14 March, 2016;
covadonga.lamar-prieto at ucr.edu

          http://multitree.org/