27.283, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics: Ontology Manager, 3CE Technologies Inc.

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 14 19:47:10 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-283. Thu Jan 14 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.283, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics: Ontology Manager, 3CE Technologies Inc.

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:46:43
From: Marc Preddie [mpreddie at 3ce.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics: Ontology Manager, 3CE Technologies Inc., Montreal, Quebec, Canada

University or Organization: 3CE Technologies Inc.
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: http://www.3ce.com/
Job Title: Ontology Manager
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics

3CE Technologies designs and delivers solutions that solve the most complex
and error prone problems associated with global trade.

We are focused on helping our clients understand everything they need to know
about importing and/or exporting any product (or any part of any product) from
anywhere to anywhere. Our diverse user community includes multinational
corporations, logistics service providers, postal authorities, e-commerce
companies, and governments worldwide.

In order to continue developing leading-edge solutions essential for
international trade, we need someone to enhance and maintain our expansive
knowledge assets. We are looking for someone focused on delivering the most
intuitive and intelligent user experience by ensuring that user queries – no
matter how they are expressed - are understood correctly, and that a single
correct answer is always delivered.

If the challenge of organizing the incredibly diverse and ever-expanding array
of goods that comprise the world of cross border trade excites you, this is
the opportunity for you.

Responsibilities:

- Developing and administering structured taxonomy data and rules in a formal
ontology
- Collaboratively work with cross-functional teams to ensure effective
alignment of the tools with user experience and information architecture
design
- Provide ongoing iterative optimization of ontology metadata and automatic
text/content classification.
- Conduct content audits and content analysis.
- Monitor multiple sources of input (support cases, user search strings) to
continually keep taxonomies aligned and drive effective automatic
identification of key concepts and related information.
- Analyze term usage and make suggestions for improvement using inputs from
various search, knowledgebase and application use reports.
- Monitor input and feedback from users in order to ensure an optimal user
experience.

Qualifications:

This role involves managing and enhancing existing knowledge assets, working
with developers to deliver an unmatched user experience and unparalleled
accuracy. The successful candidate will:

- Demonstrate and understanding of, and passion for, the effective cataloging
and organization of information/knowledge.
- Have strong analytical skills and a passion for 'data' and data-driven
approaches to problems.
- Have a solid understanding of the basic principles of constructing and
managing controlled vocabularies, taxonomies and ontologies.
- Be able to work independently and balance multiple priorities.

Desired Qualifications:

- Experience with text analytics or computational linguistics.
- Experience preparing business or technical documentation.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent professional
experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Taxonomy/Ontology Development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and calm under pressure
- Proven skills in data retrieval techniques, and an understanding of natural
language processing.
- Understanding of programming and programming concepts.
- Most of all, someone who is smart, likes to do good work and inspire others
to do good work, and is genuinely interested in being part of a team that
builds preeminent software.

Benefits:

Based in Montreal, one of North America’s most culturally vibrant and unique
cities, 3CE offers a competitive salary and unparalleled employee benefits.
We promote an informal work environment that encourages communication and
values new ideas and innovation.

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2016 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: careers at 3ce.com
Contact Information:
	Marc Preddie
	Email: mpreddie at 3ce.com