27.405, Confs: Lang Acq/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 21 19:10:27 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-405. Thu Jan 21 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.405, Confs: Lang Acq/USA

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:10:17
From: Leo Rosenstein [leaena at mit.edu]
Subject: Conference in Honor of Ken Wexler

Conference in Honor of Ken Wexler

Date: 29-Apr-2016 - 01-May-2016
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Contact: Leo Rosenstein
Contact Email: leaena at mit.edu
Meeting URL: http://web.mit.edu/lacqlab/conference.html

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Meeting Description:

The Department of Linguistics and Philosophy at MIT is organizing a conference
at the occasion of Ken Wexler's retirement, to honor and celebrate his
foundational, lasting contributions to the field. We will host a two day
conference at MIT, with colleagues and friends in linguistics and cognitive
science presenting work connected to or inspired by Ken's research. The
conference will take place April 30-May 1, 2016, and will be preceded by a
reception on the evening of April 29. The conference, as well as the
reception, are open to the public and all are welcome!

To help us with our planning, please RSVP if you plan to attend.

Call for Papers:

Friday, April 29:

6:00 pm
Evening Reception  (free and open to all conference attendees)

Saturday, April 30:

8:30 am Breakfast

9:00 am
Opening Remarks - David Pesetsky

9:15 am
Luigi Rizzi

10:15 am Coffee break

10:30 am
Nina Hyams

11:30 am
Hagit Borer

12:30 pm Lunch Break (lunch provided)

2:00 pm
Stephen Crain

3:00 pm
Mabel Rice
4:00 pm Coffee break

4:30 pm
''Acquisition Rap'' - 9 speakers (10 min each; 7+3 for Q/A)
Sergei Avrutin, Jeremy Hartmann, Tania Ionin, Rita Manzini,
Alex Perovic, Carson Schütze, William Snyder, two current MIT people (TBD)

6:00 pm
Ken Wexler

7:30 pm
Dinner (for Ken, speakers, and colleagues at MIT)

Sunday, April 31:

9:00 am Breakfast
9:30 am
Lila Gleitman