27.4887, Jobs: Phonology: Assistant Professor, Queen Mary University of London

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 30 14:50:33 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4887. Wed Nov 30 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4887, Jobs:  Phonology: Assistant Professor, Queen Mary University of London

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:50:20
From: Prof Adger [d.j.adger at qmul.ac.uk]
Subject: Phonology: Assistant Professor, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom

University or Organization: Queen Mary University of London
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Title: Lecturer in Linguistics-Phonology
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonology

The appointment will be made with a view to sustaining the department's claims
to excellence in research and teaching, as borne out by our excellent
performance in the last Research Assessment Exercise. The successful
candidate's research is to be in phonology, where he or she would be able to
provide evidence of excellence in the form of research papers, either
published or of publishable quality. Ideally, we are looking for a colleague
whose interests will add to and enhance our present areas of research strength
in new and interesting ways.
The successful candidate will be expected to convene and teach introductory
and advanced modules in phonology at both undergraduate and MA level, and to
enrich the graduate and research life of the department by incorporating their
expertise into one of our research groups. He or she will also be expected to
contribute to the life of the School in a more general way, for instance by
undertaking appropriate administrative and pastoral duties.

Although Queen Mary University of London does not require candidates to submit
their work as part of their application, we recommend that you enclose 1-2
representative articles with your application and/or provide us with a web
link to access samples of your work online.

Please visit the application URL below for more details and to apply.

Application Deadline: 04-Jan-2017

Web Address for Applications: https://webapps2.is.qmul.ac.uk/jobs/job.action;jsessionid=E108F6DFBB5BD64024D876997CDA347B?jobRef=QMUL10177
Contact Information:
	Prof Adger