27.4003, Calls: Disc Analysis, Ling & Lit, Pragmatics, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Luxembourg

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 7 18:43:56 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4003. Fri Oct 07 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4003, Calls: Disc Analysis, Ling & Lit, Pragmatics, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Luxembourg

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 14:43:41
From: Kasper Juffermans [kasper.juffermans at uni.lu]
Subject: 9th Linguistic Landcape International Workshop: Movement and Immobilities

Full Title: 9th Linguistic Landcape International Workshop: Movement and Immobilities
Short Title: LL9

Date: 29-Mar-2017 - 31-Mar-2017
Location: Belval, Luxembourg
Contact Person: Kasper Juffermans
Meeting Email: LL9 at uni.lu
Web Site: http://ll9.uni.lu

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Ling & Literature; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2016

Meeting Description:

The 9th Linguistic Landscapes International Workshop will take place at the
University of Luxembourg from Wednesday, 29 to Friday, 31 March 2017.

The workshop will focus on the theme of ''Movement and Immobilities''. These
concepts are especially relevant in a world with so many people on the move,
yet also often blocked in their movement. Linguistic and semiotic landscapes
(LLs) are not only the décor of such movements, human movements also leave
traces in and transform the landscapes they transit.

For further information, please visit http://LL9.uni.lu or contact the
organisers via LL9 at uni.lu.

Conference Chairs:

Kasper Juffermans
Christoph Purschke

Local Organising Committee:

Kasper Juffermans
Christoph Purschke
Ingrid de Saint-Georges
Gabriele Budach
Bernardino Tavares
Julia de Bres
Peter Gilles

Call for Papers:

We are pleased to announce and invite contributions for paper presentations
and posters for:

The 9th Linguistic Landscapes International Workshop at the University of
Luxembourg (Belval Campus) from Wednesday, 29 to Friday, 31 March 2017.

Hosted in Luxembourg, one of Europe's smallest but also most multilingual,
diverse and mobile countries, LL9 welcomes contributions that address
questions of movement and (im)mobility in time, space, and social categories
in and through LLs. We invite papers that study the daily and seasonal rhythms
of LLs, including landscapes of transport, commuting and travelling as well as
the temporary or more durable landscapes of social movements. We also invite
papers that engage with moving texts or removable signs, such as portable and
wearable LL items. We further welcome papers that experiment with moving
images (as opposed to photographic stills), mobile and multi-sited methods of
LL, or reflect on walking and sojourning as methodologies and epistemologies
of LL research. We finally also aim to address the question where amidst all
this movement, mobility, and migration we find permanence, stability and
stillness.

Abstracts of no more than 300 words (not including references) should be
submitted here (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/LL9) by 15 November 2016.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed by an international scientific committee and
our local organising committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent by 15
January 2016. Registration for the conference will then open.

We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of (partial) solidarity
grants to sponsor the participation of researchers whose abstract has been
approved and who would otherwise be unable to attend the workshop. If
required, motivated requests in no more than 200 words should be submitted in
a separate email to LL9 at uni.lu.