28.2543, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: TEFL Instructor, International TEFL Academy

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 8 17:53:21 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2543. Thu Jun 08 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2543, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: TEFL Instructor, International TEFL Academy

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 13:53:10
From: Karen Crone [karen at internationalteflacademy.com]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: TEFL Instructor, International TEFL Academy, Illinois, USA

University or Organization: International TEFL Academy
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: https://www.internationalteflacademy.com/
Job Title: TEFL Class Instructor
Job Rank: Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Do you love to travel and want to help others explore the world? Do you want
to work in a dynamic, fast-growing company with a strong international flavor?
— Yes? Great!

International TEFL Academy is looking for an experienced TEFL Instructor to
teach our in-person Chicago TEFL Certification class. Our students are
training to become English teachers overseas – for either short or long term
contracts.

This is a permanent position.  Each in-person class is a total of 4 weeks
long, Monday through Friday, with a maximum of 12 TEFL students.  We are
looking for one instructor to teach the morning section of the class Monday
through Friday from 9:30 - 1:30 p.m.  The instructor does not work the second
or third Friday of each TEFL class.  Roles and responsibilities are divided
between the morning and afternoon instructors.

Compensation: $38.00 per hour (Compensation includes time spent in the
classroom as well as hours spent outside of class grading papers per student)

Work Hours:  Monday -Friday: 9:30am -1:30pm

Optional Work Hours: The morning instructor also has the option to observe
student teaching and provide feedback on lesson plans and teaching to TEFL
students. This is from 5:30 - 8:00 pm and the days will vary based on
instructor's availability.

Start Date: July 17, 2017

Training dates will be decided on based on instructor’s availability.  You can
view the complete 2017 course schedule on our website.

Prime Chicago North Side Location:
916 West Diversey Parkway, Chicago. Our office is 1 block from the Diversey
brown line stop; free street parking is available during work hours.

WHO IS INTERNATIONAL TEFL ACADEMY?

International TEFL Academy (ITA) is one of the world’s largest and fastest
growing TEFL training schools for teaching English abroad. We train & certify
over 4,000 students a year to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and
we help them make their dreams come true of getting paid to live & teach
around the world.

Your Main Responsibilities:

- Course Instruction: Instruct students on the basic principles of teaching
English as a Foreign Language.
- Assignment Feedback: Provide constructive and timely feedback on students'
assignments and lesson plans.
- Resources: Share outside resources with students – additional videos,
websites, etc. that will aid the students in their learning.
- Optional: Observation and Feedback of Practice Teaching: One or two times
per week, the morning instructor can observe student teaching and provide
feedback on lesson plans and teaching to TEFL students. This is from 5:30 -
8:00 and the days will vary based on instructor's availability.

Requirements for this Position:

- Minimum master's degree in TESOL or related field
- 1 or more years of overseas teaching experience
- Experience teaching English in the United States
- Willingness to share overseas teaching experience with students
- Able to use computer applications such as Moodle and Google Drive

To apply, please email the following to the application email below:
- Cover Letter
- Resume
- Proof of highest level of degree (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma)
 Please write in your subject line: "Applying for In-Person TEFL Instructor
Position." No telephone calls please. We appreciate the interest of all
candidates but only those that meet our requirements will be contacted.

	, IL
Email Address for Applications: karen at internationalteflacademy.com
Web Address for Applications: https://goo.gl/2rWSCf
Contact Information: