28.2792, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition / Journal of Applied Languages and Linguistics (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 22 17:27:45 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2792. Thu Jun 22 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2792, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition / Journal of Applied Languages and Linguistics (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 13:27:39
From: Paschalis Chliaras [info at alsh-jall.eu]

Full Title: Journal of Applied Languages and Linguistics

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call for Papers:
​
The Journal of Applied Linguistics and Language (J-ALL) is brand-new
peer-reviewed journal. We're looking for articles for our first two issues,
which are coming out in September and December 2017.
​
Here's what we're trying to do:
-Bridge the gap between academia and front-line language teachers. Teachers
are smart, and they care about best practice, but they simply don't have time
to wade through endless research papers. We want to make sure as many teachers
as possible read, understand and implement the best research.
--Inform the big debates in language learning and teaching. Teachers are
constantly bombarded with opinions and ideas about best practice. But where's
the evidence behind those opinions? What can research tell us? We want to move
the big debates away from ''I believe …'' and towards ''Research shows that
….''
--Help people teach and learn languages more successfully. We all know that
learning a language can be a long and tedious process. But when it works well,
the results are amazing. Teaching a language can be even more frustrating. But
it's still the best job in the world. We want to help language learners and
teachers to keep that passion alive. We want to make a difference.
If you share our aims, consider submitting an article. We invite submissions
on a range of topics from the fields of Applied Languages and Applied
Linguistics. For our submission guidelines visit
https://www.als-edu.com/instructions-for-contributors.