29.1556, Qs: New Surname Research Study Link

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 10 22:10:30 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1556. Tue Apr 10 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1556, Qs: New Surname Research Study Link

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 18:10:17
From: Donna Lillian [lilliandl at appstate.edu]
Subject: New Surname Research Study Link

I have conducted research surveys on marital and family surname choices each
decade since the 1980s, and I am currently conducting a new study on the
topic. The survey is open to people of all genders, sexual orientations, and
ethnicities, 18 years of age or older.
If you choose to be part of the research study, you will be asked to answer a
series of questions about choices you have made about your surname or family
name, including choices about the surname of your children (if any,) and about
what courtesy titles (e.g. Mr., Ms. Dr., etc.) you prefer to use. You will not
be asked to provide your specific name or the name of any member of your
family.

Participation in this study is anonymous and it is completely voluntary. There
are no foreseeable risks associated with participation in this study, there is
no payment or compensation for participation in this study, and there is no
penalty for choosing not to participate in this study.
The Appalachian State University Institutional Review Board (IRB) has
determined that this study is exempt from IRB oversight.

If you wish to participate in this survey, please click on the link below or
copy it and paste it into your browser:
https://english.appstate.edu/faculty-staff/directory/donna-lillian

If you have questions about this research study, you may contact me, Dr. Donna
Lillian at lilliandl at appstate.edu

                     Sociolinguistics

          http://multitree.org/