29.567, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist Consultant, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 2 19:40:27 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-567. Fri Feb 02 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.567, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist Consultant, DefinedCrowd

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 14:40:24
From: Jacob Graham [jacob at definedcrowd.com]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist Consultant, DefinedCrowd, USA

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Department: Operations
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/en-us/
Job Title: Native en-US Linguist Consultant – Entity Recognition & Relevancy
Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

20 hours/week; 3 Month Duration (will be extended if successful)
Hourly Rate: $25/hour

DefinedCrowd makes machines smarter for Fortune 500 companies around the
world. We are searching for a native English US linguist that can dedicated at
least 20 hours per week to a special project across a 3-month period. We have
additional work available, if you can work more than 20 hours.

This job will consist of reading various messages and then identifying all
relevant entities. This should be an engaging job, simply based on the variety
of information you will be encountering. A strong attention to detail is going
to help immensely.

All work can be done remotely and there is no set "working hours". The main
requirement is that you can commit at least 20 hours every week.

For this position, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Native English speaker
- Hold a degree in Linguistics (BA or greater)
- Accommodate a 20-hour work week
- Tech/computer savvy, and familiar with various social media apps

If you have the ability and the time to work on this project, please apply.
Previous work experience is not required.

We will explain the specifics of this project in more detail with potential
candidates.

Email Address for Applications: jacob at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Jacob Graham