29.1083, FYI: Data Citation and Metadata Standards

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 8 23:11:09 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1083. Thu Mar 08 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1083, FYI: Data Citation and Metadata Standards

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:11:02
From: Helene N. Andreassen [helene.n.andreassen at uit.no]
Subject: Data Citation and Metadata Standards

Dear all,

We hereby invite you to participate in an asynchronous meeting, organised by
the RDA Linguistics Data Interest Group (LDIG). The meeting, which is open
until March 16, focuses on data citation and metadata standards in
linguistics, and will serve as starting point for a discussion organised at
the RDA 11th plenary meeting in Berlin, on March 21-23.

The asynchronous meeting is an editable online Google document, and has three
aims:

1.Get feedback on the needs and challenges encountered by scientists who
create and use data, by publishers who expect/require publication and citation
of data, and by data archivists who develop and/or operate data repositories
and who curate data, and provide research data support.

2. Keep LDIG members and the wider linguistics community up to date on what we
are working on.

3. Get feedback on other issues and ideas to take to the RDA 11th Plenary.

There are three possible ways to participate:

1. Enter text or add a comment to this Google document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeEFfpwvWXTWbNiwciKYWbyDbxUgmqvqphI0b8iVP
w/edit?usp=sharing . Make sure you include your name and list yourself as a
meeting participant (with your email address) at the end of the document.

2. Email feedback to Helene. N. Andreassen (helene.n.andreassen at uit.no), which
will be incorporated into the final version (anonymously if requested).

3. Add your feedback in this Google Form, which asks the same questions as in
this meeting document:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVCDkEWTrce8jvnpfs0bSw636ARsq35b02VQ
KZ6ogfclrlkQ/viewform?usp=sf_link. Your feedback will be incorporated into the
final version (anonymously if requested).

Please consider joining LDIG if you're not already a member, and please
encourage your colleagues to do the same (it's free!). If you are able to
attend the RDA event in Berlin on March 21-23, we hope to see you there.

We look forward to seeing your feedback,

Helene N. Andreassen, Andrea Berez-Kroeker, Lauren Gawne (LDIG co-chairs)
Philipp Conzett & Koenraad De Smedt

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics