Jobs: 3 Offers

Philippe Blache pb at lpl.univ-aix.fr
Tue May 23 16:36:08 UTC 2000

1/ From: Eric Villemonte de la Clergerie <clerger at margaux.inria.fr>
   Subject: INRIA

2/ From: Ruslan Mitkov <R.Mitkov at wlv.ac.uk>
   Subject : Research Studentship in Computational Linguistics

3/ From: Nicola Guarino <Nicola.Guarino at ladseb.pd.cnr.it>
   Subject: Open research positions in ontological engineering

1/ From: Eric Villemonte de la Clergerie <clerger at margaux.inria.fr>

Bonjour,

L'INRIA ouvre des postes d'accueil de 1 a 2 ans pour des jeunes Bac+4
ou +5 qui souhaitent une formation complementaire dans une equipe de
recherche.

Dans ce cadre, l'equipe ATOLL sur Rocquencourt propose le sujet RO-05
"Mise en oeuvre d'un système d'aide à la maintenance de traductions
par intégration modulaire de composants linguistiques".

Les dossiers sont a renvoyer avant le 9 Juin 2000.

Plus d'information est disponible sur
    http://www.inria.fr/Trav/PostesAccueil/jeunes.html
    http://www.inria.fr/Trav/PostesAccueil/RO-05.html

Pour obtenir la version longue du sujet,
     http://atoll.inria.fr/accueil.html

Les personnes interessees sont invitees a contacter
    Eric de la Clergerie <Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr>

--
Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr  Projet Atoll - INRIA Rocquencourt
WWW Home Page: http://atoll.inria.fr/~clerger

2/ From: Ruslan Mitkov <R.Mitkov at wlv.ac.uk>

Usual apologies for multiple postings
------------------

RESEARCH STUDENTSHIP
(Current value of bursary £ 6,500)

The University of Wolverhampton, School of Humanities,
Languages and Social Studies invites applications for a
research studentship in Computational Linguistics.
The successful candidate will work on term extraction and
its application in anaphora resolution and automatic
abstracting. We are looking for candidates with a good
honours degree in Computational Linguistics or Computer
Science, with excellent programming skills and some experience
in statistics and Natural Language Processing or Linguistics.
Overseas candidates must have a good command of English.

The successful candidate is expected to start the studentship
in September 2000.

For further information/queries, please contact
Prof. Ruslan Mitkov, tel. 01902 322471,
Email R.Mitkov at wlv.ac.uk.

Formal applications must be made to:

The Research Support Unit
University of Wolverhampton
Dudley Campus
Castle View
Dudley
DY1 3HR
Email L.Barlow at wlv.ac.u

and must include

- a completed application form,
- a CV and
- a covering letter in which the candidates explain
why they have applied for the studentship, give details of
their research interests/experience, background,
programming skills and an outline of any experience in
or knowledge of statistics and Natural Language
Processing or Linguistics.

When you apply, please quote the reference number
of the studentship  RS276.

The application form can be downloaded from
http://www.wlv.ac.uk/sles/compling/news/

Closing date for applications: 8 June 2000.

3/ From: Nicola Guarino <Nicola.Guarino at ladseb.pd.cnr.it>

Open research positions in ontological engineering

LADSEB-CNR has recently become involved in an European industrial
project focused on ontology-driven knowledge management/knowledge
extraction in multiple domains. Within this project, we will be
committed to build a general reference ontology with lexical links to
English and Italian, and to offer methodological consultancy for
domain-specific ontology-driven conceptual modeling and information
retrieval mainly in the fields of Banking and Insurance. Other
related projects will involve ontology-based harmonization of
meta-data standards, especially in the field of e-commerce.

We are looking for motivated people to join a research team in which
the sophisticated ontology design principles we have developed in the
past few years will be challenged by very concrete engineering goals.

We are planning for two researchers with a PhD in computer science,
computational lingustics, philosophy or equivalent experience, whose
salary and formal position will depend on their qualifications.
Further research grants are planned for somebody willing to spend
some time here working on a PhD topic related to the project.

Contracts are for 1 year starting on September 2000, with the
possibility of extending them for up to 2 years.

European citizenship is preferred (although not strictly required)
for the above positions; shorter visiting positions may be negotiated
with non-European citizens.

For further information contact:

Nicola Guarino
National Research Council phone: +39 O49 8295751
LADSEB-CNR  fax:   +39 O49 8295763
Corso Stati Uniti, 4  email: Nicola.Guarino at ladseb.pd.cnr.it
I-35127 Padova, Italy

http://www.ladseb.pd.cnr.it/infor/ontology/ontology.html